Butterscotch Sponge Cake2012-07-11
- Servings : 8-9
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 1:20 h
- Ready In : 2:0 h
After a lot of experiment with baking my own version of a butterscotch cake I finally made the perfect spongy moist delicious cake!! Here is the recipe:
- 1.Butterscotch chips - 200 grams
- Butter - 250 grams
- Sugar - 1 1/2 cups
- Milk - 1 cup
- 2. All purpose flour - 1 1/2 cup
- 3. Self rising flour - 1/2 cup
- 4. Eggs - 2 (well beaten)
- 5. Vanilla Essence - 1 tsp
1. Pre-heat oven to 325' F. Melt the butterscotch chips, butter, sugar and milk in a microwave taking it out every minute and stirring until everything melts. Transfer this to a wide bowl and let it cool for 20 minutes.
2. To this whisk in little by little all purpose flour, self rising flour and vanilla essence. Add the eggs in the end and whisk everything until smooth without any lumps.
3. Pour the mixture into a well greased 9 inch round baking dish. Bake for an hour or until the cake is completely cooked. Check for firmness by inserting a skewer. Once it comes out clean, take the cake out of the oven.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe